Gold Perks up on Dollar Weakness (RUT)
Matt Simpson July 29, 2021 12:45 PM
The US dollar was lower following the FOMC meeting, which has seen gold rise to a 7-day high during Asian trade.
In today’s video we take another look at gold prices now momentum has realigned with a higher timeframe trend, then take a look at dollar weakness via USD/CHF. As for indices, we highlight a key level on the Russell 2000 which could act as a pivotal level for bullish or bearish setups as we head towards the weekend.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4400.64 (-0.02%), 28 July 2021
- Energy (0.97%) was the strongest sector and Consumer Staples (-0.86%) was the weakest
- 7 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 224 (44.36%) stocks advanced and 280 (55.45%) declined
- 88.32% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 100% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 59.41% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 7.58% - Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD.OQ)
- + 6.34% - Moderna Inc (MRNA.OQ)
- + 5.83% - Monolithic Power Systems Inc (MPWR.OQ)
- -5.71% - Humana Inc (HUM.N)
- -3.08% - CH Robinson Worldwide Inc (CHRW.OQ)
- -3.06% - Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK.N)
From time to time, StoneX Financial Pty Ltd (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material.
As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed.