Market News & Analysis
European Equity Market Handover – 18th April 2019
Ken Odeluga April 18, 2019 10:29 PM
Stock market snapshot as of [18/4/2019 2:17 PM
- After shaking off a downdraft from the latest barrage of sobering economic indicators, the largest European stock markets are holding slightly higher
- The modest showing by mid-session—for instance, the DAX traded around 0.4% higher—masked some decent rises off lows; for the DAX, by as much as 143 point
- Resilience is a promising sign with many major stock markets on the edge of challenging resistance comprised of winter highs. There’s no mistaking a lack of conviction though, at the end of a short week in Europe. These gains still look prone to fade
- Wall Street stock index futures trade between 2 and 5 points higher
- Earnings have been supportive. Unilever reported better-than expected underlying sales growth and maintained guidance for sales to rise 3%-5% over the year
- Another consumer goods giant, Nestlé, also posted upbeat sales growth, putting it on track to meet a goal of 3% organic growth for the year
Upcoming corporate highlights
BMO: before market open AMC: after market close
From time to time, GAIN Capital Australia Pty Ltd (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material.
As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed.