Market News & Analysis
China A50 at risk of shaping a medium-term bearish reversal
Kelvin Wong November 15, 2019 2:22 PM
2019 year to performance of Asia ex Japan stock markets till 15 Nov
click to enlarge chart
Medium-term technical outlook on FTSE China A50
click to enlarge charts
Key Levels (1 to 3 weeks)
Intermediate resistance: 13560
Pivot (key resistance): 14465
Supports: 13560 (trigger), 12860 & 12460
Next resistance: 15700/16770
Directional Bias (1 to 3 weeks)
Bearish bias below 14465 key medium-term pivotal resistance a break below 13560 reinforces a further a potential multi-week corrective decline to target the next supports at 12860 and 12460 within a long-term secular ascending range configuration in place since Oct 2008 low.
On the other hand, a clearance with a daily close above 14465 sees a continuation of major uptrend in place since Dec 2018 to set sight on the secular ascending range resistance at 15700/167700.
- The recent 5-month up move of 16% from its 24 May 2019 low has started to stall right below the descending resistance from Jun 2015 major swing high (see weekly chart).
- Price action has also formed an impending weekly “Evening Star” candlestick pattern that tends to indicate a potential bearish reversal in price action after an uptrending phase.
- The weekly RSI oscillator has also shaped a bearish divergence signal since Jul 2019 which indicates the upside momentum has started to wane which increases the risk of a medium-term bearish reversal in price action of the Index.
- The daily RSI oscillator has staged a breakdown from its ascending support which is in parallel with the price action ascending support from 27 May 2019 low. These observations suggest a potential presignal breakdown below the ascending support of 13560.
- The next significant medium-term support rests at 12460 which is defined by the congestion range lows of 25 Mar/23 May 2019 and close to the 50% Fibonacci retracement of the major up move from 04 Jan low to 05 Nov 2019 high.
Charts are from eSignal
From time to time, GAIN Capital Australia Pty Ltd (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material.
As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed.