Managing Your Account
- 1. How do I log in?
- 2. I am having issues logging in. What shall I do?
- 3. Can I still use the Advantage Web platform?
- 4. Will my account and orders be synced across devices?
- 5. Are my user settings, margin requirements and pricing the same?
- 6. How do I place a trade?
- 7. Where can I view and manage my open positions?
- 8. Where can I view and edit pending orders?
- 9. Where can I view historical transactions?
- 10. How can I deposit or withdraw funds from my account?
- 11. Where can I find my statements and contract notes?
1. How do I log in?
Please login using the standard login buttons available and select the Web Trader tab. You can log in using your existing username and password.
2. I am having issues logging in. What shall I do?
Web Trader is optimised for Google's Chrome browser. If you do not have Google Chrome, please download it here.
We also support Firefox users and will be introducing support for IE11, Edge and Safari in the very near future. If you are unable to use the Chrome or Firefox browsers in the meantime, please continue to use Advantage Web or our other platforms and apps.
Web Trader is built using HTML5 technology so there is no need to download or run Adobe Flash Player.
3. Can I still use the Advantage Web platform?
Yes. You will have dual access to the new web trading platform as well as Advantage Web until further notice.
4. Will my account and orders be synced across all City Index platforms and apps?
Yes. Any trades and orders placed on Web Trader will be visible across all City Index platforms and apps (excluding MT4). This enables you to place a trade on Web Trader and close it on the City Index mobile app, or vice versa. You will also still be able to login to Advantage Web.
5. Are my margin requirements and pricing the same?
Yes. There have been no changes to margin requirements, pricing, financing charges, or our execution policy.
6. How do I place a trade?
This is very similar to how you trade on the current trade ticket.
- Click any ‘Buy’ or ‘Sell’ button - this opens a trade ticket
- Enter the quantity
- Add a stop and/or limit order if you wish
- Click ‘Place trade’
7. Where can I view and manage my open positions?
Your open positions will be displayed in the ‘positions and orders’ component, which is located at the bottom of your default workspace.
Click on the Positions tab to see your positions.
You can add or edit stop and limit orders, and can close, or partially close positions from the positions and orders window.
8. Where can I view and edit pending orders?
Your pending orders will be displayed in the ‘orders’ tab of the position and orders component. To access your pending orders, click on the position and orders component from the workspace drop down menu and select "orders".
If you have any pending orders you can edit them here. You can also add or edit stop and limit orders to your pending orders or delete orders.
9. Where can I view historical transactions?
You can view your historical transactions in the positions and orders component of the platform. Click the positions and orders option from the work space drop down menu and select your transactions.
10. How can I deposit or withdraw funds from my account?
To deposit or withdraw funds simply:
- Click ‘Add funds’ from the balance bar at the top of the platform
- Alternatively, click on the ‘My Account’ icon in the top right hand corner
- Then, click ‘Account funding’ - you can deposit or withdraw funds and add a new payment method
11. Where can I find my statements and contract notes?
To access your latest statements:
- Click on the 'My Account’ icon in the top right hand corner
- Select My Account
- This will launch a new tab within the platform from where you can access your statements
Speak to our friendly customer support team