The City Index Economic Calendar offers at-a-glance information on major market moving events affecting the UK, US, Australia, Japan, Germany and France.
Monday 20th February – Sunday 26th February
- - Tue 21st Feb – RBA Meeting Minutes, 10.30 am AEST
- The bank held rates and played down a recent soft patch on growth at its last rate-setting meeting. After recent fears of recession though, traders will scrutinise the minutes for cracks
- - Tue 21st Feb – RBA Governor Low speaks, 07.30 am AEST
- Hot on the heels of RBA meeting minutes, the governor has the opportunity to supplement policymakers’ decision to hold rates with more recent information. That increases the odds of Aussie volatility
- - Wed 22nd Feb – Federal Reserve Minutes, 05.00 am AEST
- Chair Janet Yellen recently warned of the dangers of hiking too slowly and her lieutenants have mostly fallen into line, but markets still doubt there’ll be three hikes this year. Will these notes underline the bank’s resolve or betray dissent?