The City Index Economic Calendar offers at-a-glance information on major market moving events affecting the UK, US, Australia, Japan, Germany and France.
Monday 16th January – Sunday 22nd January
- - Thu 19th Jan – Australia Unemployment (December), 10.30 am AEST
- Eyes on the full-time work component after their surprise comeback with a higher-than-expected print in November
- - Thu 19th Jan – ECB Interest Rate Decision, 10.40 pm AEST
- It is too early for the ECB to offer further substantial info on policy after it mapped out this year’s bond buying plan last time. Even so, euro volatility is still highly likely
- - Fri 13th Jan – China GDP (Q4), 12.00 pm AEST
- Official and informal government forecasts are pointing to 6.7% growth on the year, so that is almost inevitably what the number will be