The City Index Economic Calendar offers at-a-glance information on major market moving events affecting the UK, US, Australia, Japan, Germany and France.
Monday 27th March- Sunday 2nd April
- - Thur 30th Mar – Japan Household Spending (February), 10.30 am SGT
- Even in Japan, inflation finally has a pulse, but crucial domestic spending is forecast to show a 12th straight monthly fall of 1.7%, steeper than the 1.2% slide in January
- - Thur 30th Mar – U.S. GDP (Q4), 11.30 pm SGT
- Economists are expecting the last look at growth to be assessed as slightly stronger. A 2% rate on the year is forecast, after 1.9% was printed in the late-February estimate.
- - Fri 31st Mar – China Manufacturing PMI (March), 12.00 am SGT
- The official manufacturing PMI may not be benchmark for international investors but matters, if only as an official signal. It’s forecast to flash a green light with a rise to 51.7 from 51.6 in February